ShareThis

Monday 31 August 2020

The Aonach Eagach ridge

Walk Description

Just photos and walk statistics at moment.

One of my best days ever - The Aonach Eagach Ridge, cannot remember easily a better day with as much sustained climbing and inescapable opportunities for extreme exposure.

Hiking days of course. Pleased I edited that in before anybody noticed.😂

Yet again I needed a rest day failing to manage again two consecutive Munro days.

If I had done more research before the walk I probably would not have attempted it solo.

Having now done it I guess I can class myself as an experienced scrambler.

One of the quotes from my delayed research:- "...there’s really just two convenient ways off: the beginning and the end.”

Although I met many people on the ridge, perversely I was the only one doing it West to East, I simply chose to do the long walk up the A82 at the beginning of the walk rather than at the end.

It did however result in an excellent climb at the end of the route up the west side of the final peak of Am Bodach.

Example of an early scramble. They get better!!!
Scroll down for link to set of fully captioned photographs.

Walk Statistics

Walk Date - 29 August 2020
Walkers - Steve Smith
Start Point - Glen Coe viewing point small west car park NN 16834 56920
Start Time - 09:06
Finish Point - Glen Coe viewing point small west car park NN 16834 56920
Finish Time- 18:18
Total Duration - 9hrs 12mins 
Overall Average pace - 0.89mph
Total Distance Walked - 8.18 miles
Total Height Ascended - 1249metres

Peaks visited

7 in all including 2 Munros, 2 Munro Tops and 2 Corbett Tops
S: Spain
P: Portugal
E:Europe

Final walk from previous trip

2020
August
To do

Other walks on this trip

2019
August
To do
September
Yet to do

Route

More Photographs
Full set of captioned photos providing journal and description of key parts of ascent, descent and summit photographs.
Ballaculish bridge beyond Pap of Glencoe from Aonach Eagach - Sgorr nam Fiannaidh
Click on photograph to view slide-show